We would like to thank the nearly 2,600 people who attended the inaugural Milwaukee Startup Week events last week. Attendance numbers at this inaugural event doubled our expectations.
My co-organizer Ed Javier and I are humbled by the support we have received from the community. We have no doubt in our minds that Milwaukee Startup Week will return in 2017 bigger and better.
As economic development experts from around the Midwest urged, the moment for a Midwestern city like Milwaukee to build momentum around a high-growth, technology-enabled startup community is now. The future of economic growth in Southeast Wisconsin in our minds is dependent upon continuing to launch programs that attract entrepreneurs (locally and) from around the world to start-up and grow their companies in Southeast Wisconsin.
We would like to thank the 30+ community partners who organized the dozens of events last week and our sponsors Meissner Tierney Fisher Nichols S.C., WEDC, WHEDA, Accelity Marketing, Brilliant DPI, Newsradio 620 WTMJ & Radio Milwaukee.
In addition to the strong attendance at last week’s events we are thankful for the attention Milwaukee Startup Week received from the local media, here are some of the stories that showed Milwaukee’s startup community is alive and well.
- Attendance for First Milwaukee Startup Week Doubles Expectations – BizTimes Milwaukee
- Go Out There & Do It – 620 WTMJ
- MKE is an Attractive Place to Acquire Talent – 620 WTMJ
- There is So Much Potential in MKE’s Startup Community – 620 WTMJ
- When Getting Started Connect with Connect With Others – 620 WTMJ
- The Moment for Cities Like Milwaukee is Now – Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
- Connectivity is Important When Building a Startup Hub – WisBusiness
- Milwaukee Startup Week Hosts Building a Stronger Startup Community Event – Shepherd Express
- Startup Milwaukee Aims to Help Business Owners – Today’s TMJ4
- Calling Entrepreneurs: MKE Startup Week Begins – CBS 58
- BizBlog: Why We Launched Milwaukee Startup Week – BizTimes Milwaukee
- MKE Startup Week Kicks-off Tuesday – WISN 12
- Milwaukee Startup Week Kicks-off Tuesday – Milwaukee Business Journal
Southeast Wisconsin is a region built by iconic entrepreneurs: Harley Davidson, Miller, Pabst, Allen Bradley, Johnson Controls, etc. we can and must return to our roots. Stay tuned for more from Startup Milwaukee. Let’s venture forth and continue to build momentum in our region’s high-growth startup scene.
Matt Cordio & Ed Javier
Co-organizers, Milwaukee Startup Week